We’re looking for a Minnesota registered Apprentice for residential electrical projects in the Twin Cities metro area.
We primarily do Residential Work: Home Remodels, Lighting Installs, Panels/Meters/Masts, EV Chargers & Hot Tubs, AFCI updates, and Knob & Tube Rewires.
On-the-spot interviews from 9am – 2pm.
- Transparent Pay Scale Program ($16 – 25/hr)
based on Experience, Education, and Training Benchmarks
- Medical, Dental, Retirement
- Continuing Education & In-House Training
- Company Phone, Vehicle, Power Tools
- Employee Happy Hours & Events
- Yearly Journeyworker (formerly Journeyman) in-house practice exams
- State Unlicensed Registered Electrician
Apprenticeship hours must be verifiable with MN Department of Labor
- Completed at least 2 years of Relevant Electrical Course Work through an Accredited Program. We’ll consider other schools or training, but preference is for graduates of a complete program.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of the principles of electricity
- Developing knowledge of the NEC (National Electrical Code®)
- MN Driver’s License – no DUI/DWI
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to follow directions quickly & effectively
- Good command with hand and power tools
- Continue expanding education & experience
- Maintain goal of achieving Journeyman’s License
- Collaborate and execute work within a team
Communicate with clients on solutions to their requests
- Manage van stock; keep it clean & organized
We are committed to furthering your career. Upon hiring, there is an initial 3-month probationary period, after which you will be evaluated for your fit with the team and company work ethic. You will be supported and expected to work towards qualifying for your Journeyworkers’s exam. We will help you close whatever knowledge gap you may have through in-house training, and will support you on your career path to obtain your Journeyworkers’s license and become a well-rounded electrician in Minnesota.
Applicants are reviewed weekly and all applicants will be responded to so please refrain from following up until at least a week has passed.
*Current Electric Systems is Veteran Owned and Operated and an Equal Opportunity Employer; we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*